As an insurance agent, you should be leveraging this unique situation to grow your commercial lines book of business organically. After months of commerce shutdown, there is still very much a period of uncertainty around businesses and consumers alike. That is why you must be quick off the mark and ready to present viable solutions to your potential clients.
Businesses are now receiving renewal notices and are experiencing some of the largest premium increases they have seen in years. While many are grinning and bearing it, marketing it down as a pandemic consequence, others are looking around for more flexible, understanding agents.
Improve Your Marketing Strategies
Your insurance agency needs to look its best online. It’s no longer optional; it’s essential. Before you begin multi-modality marketing, carefully analyze your website:
- Does your website truly reflect your brand and tell your story?
- Does your website set you apart from the rest of the competition? How?
- Is your website adequately optimized so that you can be found by people who don’t necessarily know about your business?
- Is your site mobile-friendly?
- Is your site ADA-compliant?
- Do your social medic channels align with your website’s tone of voice, style, and vision?
- Are you regularly blogging to establish thought leadership?
Before anything, get your website up to scratch. Then, you will want to set up a demand-generation email program that is designed to attract, engage, and convert prospects to customers. You can then choose to boost your campaign with outbound phone calls.
During this time, you will want to get ahead of renewals well in advance for an opportunity to provide potential clients with options in terms of coverage and pricing. The combination of a great website, consistent content (blogs and social media), email efforts, and telemarketing outreach will help put your brand on the map.