Although insurance is a cutthroat industry, you can stand out among your competitors by making smart marketing decisions. Every prospective consumer is inclined to seek information related to your insurance business online, which is why having a strong online presence and maintaining the same through effective SEM techniques is crucial to the success of your business.
PPC or pay-per-click advertising is an indispensable marketing tool for attracting potential leads to your business. Read on to learn how you can use PPC ads to build your insurance business.
Why Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Is More Relevant than Ever
A recent study from Google found that the process of buying insurance has moved almost exclusively online. With potential prospects searching for suitable insurance policies online, all you need to do is zero in and show them what you have to offer.
How to Use PPC for Your Insurance Business
According to the Search Engine Journal, one of the most effective ways of capturing the attention of prospective buyers is through PPC (pay-per-click) advertising. PPC ads enable you to meet your prospective customer at the perfect time, that is when they are looking for a new policy or are eager to change their existing one. Here are a few things to keep in mind while running your PPC campaign.
Tips to Create Effective PPC Ads
• Create ads for each of your insurance offerings.
• Use ads to publicize the deals you're offering. For instance, if you want to increase your sales or enhance your brand awareness, let your potential customers know that you offer competitive pricing, bundles, and other alternatives that they can choose from.
• Target ads to relevant locations. If you're selling your insurance in a small town in Texas, make sure that your ads are not being displayed in New York City.
• Incorporate demographic trends into your ads. For instance, you can target certain demographics that are historically inclined to change their insurance at a particular time.
• Target people who are searching for new policies. For example, by targeting keywords like "change health insurance," you can reach people looking to shift from one insurer to another.
Common PPC Mistakes to Avoid
Some insurance businesses start their PPC advertising campaigns by targeting the big and obvious keywords, like "auto insurance" or “life insurance." Even if most of your potential buyers might be searching these phrases, such keywords will also draw in people who have little to no interest in your products. Make sure to avoid general words that lack clear intent. Instead, target keywords that are specific enough to appeal to individuals who are most likely to convert. Think of phrases that your ideal buyer will use when looking for your product. Instead of settling for a generic phrase like "life insurance," dig deeper and use specific keywords like "how to change auto insurance" to target your desired client base.
Benefits of PPC Ads for Insurance Businesses
An effective PPC campaign with well-crafted ads and clear messaging will ensure more leads to any business. Here are some benefits of pay-per-click advertising for insurance businesses.
• Gain Control Over Your Online Visibility - In organic lead generation, search engine algorithms get to decide who sees your site based on specific criteria. When you don't check all of the 'relevancy boxes,' you end up missing out on many potential clients. With PPC ads, you get to decide who sees your ads because you pay to be visible and control when and where your ad is displayed. Through this model, you will automatically be visible whenever potential customers make relevant searches.
• Attract Quality Leads - Thanks to the guaranteed page-one visibility, your PPC ads will reach more people while appearing to your targeted groups.
• Ensure Faster Results - Ranking on the first page through organic optimization can take months or even years. Conversely, PPC ads guarantee you a spot on the first page and allow you to control who gets to see your ads; meaning you'll start seeing results almost immediately.
Generate more leads for your insurance business by incorporating user intent-specific PPC ads and other SEM tools in your digital marketing strategy. Do you have additional questions about your insurance agency's marketing strategies? If so, then contact the experts at Stratosphere. Our expert team is ready to take your digital marketing success to new heights.