Although your insurance agency may have a regular blog, do you know if it’s making the most of content? While it was often touted that blogs with around 300 words ranked well, there are many emerging benefits to long-form content, which is in excess of 700-1,000 words. Despite what you may think, many readers crave meatier articles that answer all of their questions. More time spent on your site means a guest is more likely to convert. As an insurance agency, you should consider the benefit of long-form content.
Why Insurance Agencies Should Use Long-Form Content
- CopyPress claims 2,416 is the average length of top-ranked blog posts.
- The guys over at Buffer claim 1,600 words is best.
- Neil Patel thinks 3,000-word posts convert best.
A major benefit of writing long-form content is that it provides a lot more visual reading space which allows for more detailed information to be provided to customers. Industries, such as legal, medical, financial, and insurance can use long-form content to their advantage to help educate their consumers without worrying about providing too much information.
There are many advantages of including long-form content into your insurance agency’s blogging strategy, such as:
- Google has a dedicated ranking mechanism for long articles, meaning we will be cutting out a lot of competition right away.
- Audiences are on the website longer, increasing engagement, and maximizing your chance of a conversion.
- Length supports evergreen foundational content, so while you'll put more effort into writing, the topics covered will stay relevant for much longer.
- Catering to a deeply invested audience will maximize their appreciation for your work, and the reward the audience experiences, making it a double win.
- Quality backlinks are the bread and butter of good SEO, and getting them is much easier with long-form content, as it is more likely to be referenced.
- Long content is shared more, especially when backed by research. This demonstrates that length builds confidence in the audience.
These are some ways you can create a successful blogging strategy for your insurance agency. Are you looking for assistance with your insurance agency content marketing needs? If so, then contact the experts at Stratosphere. Our writers are ready to help.