For many business owners, getting a new website can sound time-consuming and overwhelming. The emotions associated with changing your current website can range from being embarrassed about an out-dated site, to not even caring about the look. There is often uncertainty about whether the whole process will be too frustrating or not worth the redesign. Regardless of how you prioritize your website though, studies show that it has a significant impact on customer perceptions about your business.
5 Ways in Which Redesigning Your Website Will Benefit You
In today's technology-driven era, consumers have high expectations concerning your website. As such, you should consider making sure that it doesn't look outdated. The following are the 5 ways in which redesigning your website will benefit you.
- Good First Impression - Your website needs to look professional. It must align with your company's vision and keep people coming back. When visitors to your website are impressed by what they see, they will spend more time exploring the site and revisiting it, ultimately making a purchase. If you have had your website for a while, then it probably has some outdated design elements, like low-resolution images or a traffic counter that needs to be redesigned.
- Brand Reflection - Did you recently rebrand your company? Most times, rebranding means a shift in colors, updating the logo, and changing the company's message, which should be reflected on your website too.
- Move Ahead of Your Competitors – If your competitors have recently redesigned their website, step up your game by revamping your website to be even better.
- Extension of Your Business Goals - A company's business goals can shift, change or grow due to the discovery of new trends or a move from service-based to a product-based company. A website redesign will help you pass the message of extended business goals to your customers.
- Get Rid of Old Technology – Internet browsers are continually upgrading. They update security and add new features to remain relevant with new mobile devices, such as iPhones, Macs, and Unix devices. Your business website also needs to adjust to these changes. 3D content, notifications, pivoting, and voice search are some of the features that you may consider adding to your website.
How Often Should You Redesign Your Website?
On average, companies redesign websites after 2-3 years. Though experts differ in their opinion about the most suitable time for a web redesign, your website must reflect and adjust to the most recent web changes. The relevance of your website for the target audience and the quality of user experience offered are pivotal to the success of your business as a whole.
How to Know If You Need to Redesign Your Website
The following are a few signs that your website needs to be redesigned:
- It Drives No Leads. You should get meaningful business results from the website. If your website does not drive leads at the rate it should, then it probably needs to be redesigned.
- It Is Hard to Update: Your website should have a Content Management System that makes it easy for your staff to make and maintain an update.
- It Is Not Found on Search Engines: There is no value in a great-looking website that nobody sees. A talented web designer may build your website, but it will not show up on Google if they do not understand the basics of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
How to Redesign Your Website Without Losing SEO
Discuss with your team and decide if your website truly represents who you are or what you do. Not everyone can accurately judge the quality of an insurance agency website. This is why it is beneficial to leverage the skills of digital marketing consultants who use diagnostic projects to evaluate website quality through a content audit, SEO, and lead generation assessment. If you have any doubt as to whether or not you need to redesign your website, contact the experts at Stratosphere for an objective website assessment. Our expert team is ready to take your digital marketing success to new heights.