Insurance agencies are always seeking ways to improve their online presence and Google My Business (GMB) is one such tool to attain greater online visibility. About 46% of all Google searches come with a local intent, which is why using Google My Business for a local insurance agency is even more important.
What is GMB for Local Insurance Agency
Google My Business is a free Google tool that helps your business show up when potential clients use Google to search for insurance services. It displays your location through its Google map listing and other details such as your services, operation hours, phone number, customer reviews, and more.
Importance of GMB
Here are the reasons why using Google My Business for a local insurance agency can benefit your company:
1. SEO Benefits - You can optimize your listing for a search engine to earn a higher ranking among local searches for insurance agencies, giving your business an edge over others.
2. Easier Customer Service - Google My Business helps you add a lot of information about your insurance agency. Your customers will know your business location, phone number, work hours, and the exact services you offer.
3. Better Communication - GMB allows you to publish news, posts, and updates about your insurance agency with photos and videos. This enables you to communicate directly with your local clients. You can also promote events, sales, and other special services to improve total customer satisfaction.
4. Building Trust - GMB enables real-time client reviews and feedback that helps you communicate with your existing customers while garnering the trust of potential clients.
5. Attracting More Clients - Google My Business insights can help you understand how clients interact with your listing. It helps you learn how and where they find you, request directions, and other related customer actions.
Although you can't replace your website with Google My Business, it will be advantageous to add your website link to your listing. Doing so will give your listing a higher position in local rankings. With GMB, you can make your agency more visible online while improving your SEO efforts.
How to Start Using Google My Business for a Local Insurance Agency
If you are yet to have your business listed on Google My Business, you can take the following steps to claim and fully update your listing.
1. Create or Claim Your Business Listing
Start by searching for your company with your address on Google. Then click on "Own This Business" once your company's name appears. You can also visit https://business.google.com/create to create a listing if you don't already have one.
2. Verify Your Listing
Verifying your listing proves to Google that you have the authority to represent the business you are claiming. You will receive a postcard in your email or an automated phone call for verification. Without this verification, your business or its edits won't be displayed, which will make it impossible for you to access your dashboard or manage your profile.
3. Add Your Information
Enter all relevant information related to your business- your website's link, categories of services offered by your agency, your phone number, your company's logo, pictures, business descriptions, business hours, and so on.
4. Get and Manage Reviews
Tell your trusted customers to leave a review on your listing. Take out some time to respond to their reviews through the Reviews tab in your dashboard and let your customers know that you care.
5. Manage Customers Messages
Leverage the automated responses option so that when customers directly request quotes through your listing, they will know when to expect a response. You can customize this option to keep your response time within 12 hours or so.
You can also use your Google My Business Listing to create product catalogs, informational posts and to outline your Covid-19 strategies. Explore all the tools and determine what works best for your business.
Spend some time to regularly review your business listing and provide important updates about your company. If you need professional help with the advanced features of Google My Business, contact the experts at Stratosphere on (818) 456-1648. We look forward to providing a digital marketing review of your listing and website.