It’s safe to say that the marketing world has changed dramatically over the last few years, especially in 2020. Now, the need for every business to be digital is essential. Not only has the B2B buyer changed (millennials now comprise half of all B2B buyers), but so has the B2B buying process. In order to succeed in today’s market, you need to provide an online experience that not only captures the attention of all those involved in the B2B process but also understand the latest facts about how the industry is evolving.
Here are a few B2B statistics you need to know.
- Most B2B buyers are already 57% of the way through the buying process before the first meeting with a representative. (Accenture, 2018)
- Even in industrial and manufacturing industries, 67% of purchases are influenced by digital (Google, 2019)
- 90% of B2B buyers now twist and turn through the sales funnel, looping back and repeating at least one or more task in the buyer’s journey. (CMO, 2019)
- 80% of B2B buying decisions are based on a buyer’s direct or indirect customer experience, and only 20% is based on the price or the actual offering. (2019)
- 46% of all B2B researchers and buyers are millennials. (Google, 2015)
- Mobile drives or influences an average of more than 40% of revenue in leading B2B organizations. (Google, 2017)
- 50% of B2B search queries today are made on smartphones, and this percentage will grow to 70% by 2020.
- Mobile marketing can accelerate time to B2B purchase by 20%. (BCG, 2017)
- 42% of companies have a mobile-optimized website (B2BMarketingZone, 2018)
- Strategic landing pages are used by 68% of B2B businesses to acquire leads. (Marketo, 2018)
- 62% of buyers say they can make a business decision based on online content alone. (2019)
Marketing strategies are ever-changing. At Stratosphere, we can help. Our skilled industry professionals are up-to-date with the latest advances in internet marketing, and we offer a full range of services to get your website and marketing to where it needs to be. Contact us today for more information.